What is the difference between LCD and PLASMA tv?
I would like to know the technology difference between LCD and PLASMA tv? Please someone answer it. Thanq.
Answer by salsanej
The ADVANTAGES of Plasma over LCD are:
1. Larger screen size availability.
2. Better contrast ratio and ability to render deeper blacks.
3. Better color accuracy and saturation.
4. Better motion tracking (little or no motion lag in fast moving images).
The DISADVANTAGES of Plasma vs LCD include:
1. Plasma TVs are more susceptible to burn-in of static images. However, this problem has diminished greatly in recent years as a result of the incorporation "pixel orbiting" and related technologies.
2. Plasma TVs generate more heat than LCDs, due to the need to light of phosphors to create the images.
3. Does not perform as well at higher altitudes.
4. Potentially shorter display life span - this used to be the case. Early Plasmas had 30,000 hours or 8 hrs of viewing a day for 9 years, which was less than LCD. However, screen life span has now improved and 60,000 hour life span rating are now common, with some sets rated as high as 100,000 hours, due to technology improvements.
Add your own answer in the comments!New Flat Screen Ultra Low Profile Wall Mount LCD LED PLASMA TV 32 37 42 46 50 60
|US $14.50 (7 Bids)|
End Date: Wednesday May-22-2013 3:04:18 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list
- What’s the difference between plasma and LCD TVs these days?
- Plasma Television Life Span — Why You Shouldn’t Worry About It
- What is the difference between these 2 Plasma Tvs: Samsung PL42B450Pi and Samsung PN42B450?
- What’s the difference between LCD, LED and Plasma televisions?
- What is the difference between LCDs and Plasma televisions?