Is it bad to turn off home theatre equipment and a plasma television by turning the wall switch off?
I have a receiver, cable box, and plasma TV plugged into a cheap surge protector and I've accidently hit the wall switch off a few times that controls the power outlet they are plugged into.
Answer by TV guy
Even though today even cable boxes and TVs run an operating system, nothing bad should happen to any of them if you turn the power off.
Add your own answer in the comments!
LG 42PT350-UD Plasma TV Part Speaker Set EAB62028901 
End Date: Thursday May-23-2013 11:01:36 PDT
Buy It Now for only: US $24.99
Buy it now | Add to watch list
- Hiding wires behind wall for a plasma television?
- Is it ba for my Plasma TV if i turn it completely off instead of switching to standby?
- What would cause a plasma television screen to turn staticky/fuzzy in bright colors?
- How do I mount a plasma television and hide the wires?
- Several Tips to Display a Plasma Television